Sunday, September 30, 2007

Winter


If anyone were to ask me what my favorite time of the year is, i would choose winter. The cold winter days, sweaters, fireplaces and the anticipation of the holidays is what makes this season special to me.

The winter solstice occurs either December 21st or December 22 nd. This is the longest day of the year. The sun is at its greatest distance away from earth. Every year i look forward for the winter season. Even though most people dislike the winter and love the summer instead, I still enjoy it very much. When winter comes, i have to admit, the little child inside of me comes out. Snowball fights and the Christmas holiday make it so much more exciting. The smell of the winter meals being cooked fill the house with such an enticing aroma. I look forward to the winter season that will soon be approaching. The excitement and anticipation are inevitable as soon as the cold weather comes.

1 comment:

Ciara said...

I really enjoyed this entry, winter is one of my favorite seasons as well. You really made me look foward to Christmas time!